Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Movies: The Blind Side



Source: http://www.theblindsidemovie.com


No, this is not a review of the movie. I am not an expert on such stuffs. I know nothing about special effects, about how movies are made. I am one of those who watch movies to relax and to be entertained.

This movie got me thinking. I wanted to be rich and be able to take kids in and help them fulfill their dreams. Yes, I also think my maternal instinct stirred from a deep slumber. I want to raise kids, be called Mom, be their guide, be at their games (whatever these will be) cheering them on.

And when somebody tries to bully them, or criticize them, I think I can say what Sandra Bullock's character said: "Yeah, you! Zip it, or I'll come up there and zip if for ya!" and "Yo, deliverance. You see number 74? Well, that's my son."

Well, let's see what happens. Hope one day when I go back to this post, I have already done something for another kid. Not exactly help him turn into a Michael Oher. But even just to teach a kid believe in himself, to dream, and help him make it come true. If I can do that for more than one kid, I'd be happier.

Just a dream, although who knows, it may come true. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment