Sunday, December 11, 2011

Books: Sam's Letter to Jennifer by James Patterson

Let me just list down some of my favorite quotes from the book. I really liked the story, moreso the message. Parang this is exactly what I had to read about at this point in my life.

"Whether it is as fleeting as the sun-kissed days of summer or lasts nearly the length of a lifetime, love is always worth it."

"I want to ramble on a little about the importance of second, and even third, chances. I was helping out in the library one day, when a bookmark fell from the pages of a novel. Actually, it was a handwritten note, a quote attributed to a Father Alfred D'Souza. D'Souza had written, "For a long time, it had seemed to me that life was about to begin--real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be got through first, some unfinished business, some time to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

"Don't shut out love for good. I couldn't feel this more strongly, my sweet, smart girl. It's why I'm writing these letters to you. Please don't shut out love--it's the best thing about life."

"Sam's eyes stayed on Brendan. 'Fight it,' she whispered. 'I did.'"

"Life is coming together beautifully, Jennifer. Life does that sometimes."

"And I told you that living life was like putting the beach into a jar. The point wasn't to fit everything in; it was to attend to the most important things first--the big, beautiful rocks, the most valuable people and experiences--and fit the lesser things in around them. Otherwise, the best things might get left out."

No comments:

Post a Comment