Saturday, May 5, 2012

Life: Perfect

There was something I realized after watching The Avengers with friends. That is, apart from realizing that I really love Jeremy Renner as an actor, and he is one of very few actors/singers who, if I meet them in person, I'd really ask to have a photo taken with that IRREGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHERS WOULD THINK OR SAY. (That short list includes him of course, Jason Mraz, James Morrison, and Coco Martin. Maybe Christina Aguilera as well.)

Someone made a remark a while ago, something women would find offensive. And I was a bit angry. Then after the movie, I looked up Jeremy Renner on the Internet, and read a few quotes, supposedly from him, about life, fear, love, among other things.

And I was reminded of that quote "life does not have to be perfect in order to be beautiful."

Exactly.

Life need not change or be different for me to be happy. I ought to accept it as it is, then decide what to do about it. And always always, make the most out of it. Be more fearless, I guess.

As one quote goes: "The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be." —Robert Fulghum, It Was on Fire When I Lay Down on It

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful insights bes, thanks for sharing.

    And why didn't you say you wanted to have a photo with Coco Martin all this time??! What have you been thinking? Ilang beses ka na bang nagpunta sa amin at hindi mo sinamantala ang pagkakataon? Hay... ako nang magsasabi kay Nilo so next time magpunta ka sa bahay, pipicture-an ko kayo. Hahaha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry naman .... Mas mukha kasi siyang Richard Gomez kesa Coco Martin.Hehehehe

    ReplyDelete