Saturday, March 17, 2012

Life: Spoiling yourself a bit with a hair spa and massage... and a book :)

I was done with my liquidation! One major task down, 4 major reports to go. :)

That might still sound like a lot of work, but I just want to celebrate every major milestone.

After going to the office and the mall for some errands, I went to the salon to have a haircut. I had my long hair cut really short last January, reasoning that a short hair is easier to manage. Besides, I didn't want to have my hair rebonded ... yet. I didn't realize (until the following day, I guess) that a short hair, unless you have super soft, silky hair, is actually harder to tame. And it needs maintenance more frequently.

So, imagine my short hair flying away at the back of my neck. That forced me to go to the salon.

And while waiting, I decided to have hot oil treatment. When the stylist was already cutting my hair, I was convinced hair spa would be better.

So I sat there, for a full 30 minutes. After cutting and washing my hair, the stylist applied the treatment and massaged my head and neck.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it so much, and I thought the next time I feel stressed out, I'd go have a hair spa!

And after that massage, I took out a fiction book a friend lent me, and read and read until he came back. (The other night I was thinking how reading a fiction book again made me realize how boring my life had been in the past few months, or had it been over a year, when I held only nonfiction books and papers.)

Yun lang. That's my first hair spa ever. Gosh, I'm never really the girly, fashionable type. And I don't really cherish spending time in spas or salons. And I definitely don't splurge on beauty products. (Well, "rarely" might be more accurate.)

And I'm so happy. A bit more of rest and I'm ready to work again.

Yes, I know it's a Saturday night. But just the thought that I'm closer to getting another major task done and off my desk, my head, and my heart, is enough to keep me going.

Getting enough rest and finding simple ways to spoil myself keeps me from burning out. Gosh, why did it take me so long to realize this?

Oh, and in case someone who comes across this blog is wondering what's the name of the salon, it's Kaya, along Maginhawa St., Quezon City.

My housemate loved my more feminine look. She said I don't look like a guy anymore. :P

8 comments:

  1. Hey, you are so unfair, how come you didn't post your new look here? I'd like to see that new "feminine" look. Hehe... As if naman hindi ka mukhang feminine before Lorraine. Sige ka, baka isipin ng ibang makabasa nito na si Gaston (from Beauty and the Beast hehe) ang nagsusulat nito. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Bes, same pa rin, medyo mas tame na lang kasi dati tumitikwas na siya. :P

      Delete
  2. Hi Bes! I chose you as one of the Liebster Blog Awardee :) http://memoirsofasassygirl.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/a-beloved-blog/

    Here's your badge:
    http://www.vintagemauve.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/liebester.jpeg

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wee! Thanks, Bes. Teka, ano nga pala yun? :P

      Delete
    2. Saw your blog. Hmm, ganun pala yun! Super thank you!

      Delete
  3. I consider hair spa as my favorite stress busting activity too... aside from eating :D Do it on a monthly basis, you'll never regret it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! First time ko yun ginawa. Yup, looking forward to doing it again. :))

      Delete
    2. I wish I could hair spa and do it on a monthly basis too... without getting broke :))

      Delete