Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Life and Faith: Surrendering Your Dream

In my previous entries, I have been talking about frustrations, disappointments, doubts, questions.

Tonight, I came across Bo Sanchez's article Have You Surrendered Your Dreams to God?. And many things he said rung true for me. But this line particularly stung:

I want you to say this prayer to God right now: “Lord, I’m trusting you. I’ll still seek my dream with joyful passion, but I will surrender my attachment to the details of my dream. I will open myself to your wonderful surprises.”

Gradually, I am learning how to do this. Ang saya lang ng feeling when, after several disappointments, I realized that I still had the same dreams. But I still need to learn more about being detached, about taking care of myself, about having fun while pursuing what you want.

Yun lang. I'm just enlightened and happy. :)

Have You Surrendered Your Dreams to God
http://bosanchez.ph/have-you-surrendered-your-dreams-to-god/

No comments:

Post a Comment