Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Places: Jogging at QC Circle and UP

Two Saturdays ago, my roommates and I had a jogging date. We went to Quezon City Circle, which was just a short walk from our boarding house. The place is huge, and it took us a while to find the place where the joggers were.

QC Circle, apart from being one of very few parks in Metro Manila, amuses me in many ways. It has huge, old trees lining the pathwalks. There's an area where restaurants and fastfoods are. There's a playground, an area where people were doing aerobics and you can join them for a minimal fee, zipline, BIKES!!, and many other activities. But what struck me most were the street foods and the tiangge, which caught my attention the moment we walked past them. My eyes quickly scanned the clothes and stuffs on sale, and the food stalls we passed by. They caught my attention the way a moreno, kind and smart-looking man, with a handsome smile, does.

In short, we haven't started jogging yet, but my mind was already glued on what we'd do after the jog. Which did not really take too long.

We left the house at 8am, which means the morning's cool air is almost already gone. While the jogging area in QC Circle was a pleasant place too, and with a CR nearby, there were no trees to shade joggers and runners from the heat of the sun. So after about 8 minutes of jogging, I got tired already, and felt like I was being fried. That must be past 8:30am already, or about 9am. We decided to jog a bit more in a more shaded area of the Circle, but got tired again after a few minutes.

Then, the fun part began. We shopped. And we ate. :) There were good clothes being sold at very low prices. I was able to buy 4 pieces of clothing, for less than P400. (Let me defend myself. I rarely buy clothes. And I only bought those on my priority list, ie. I really needed to buy.)

Then, we ate. The choices were so many. There were siomai, pancit, fruitshakes, hotdogs, corn, kikiam, siopao, fishballs, and even rice meals. Name it. There was even paella. We of course spent more time eating and shopping than jogging.




The following Saturday though, we jogged at UP. We were deliberately avoiding QC Circle. It's too tempting! We had a "serious" jog, by which I mean we jogged continuously for about 2 kilometers, and then did another 2 km more walk around the oval. Of course, it would not be complete without food. But unlike the previous Saturday, I deliberately brought only P40, to make sure I don't do some shopping. I bought taho (my roommate bought karioka), then we had fruitshakes too! (There was an event, and the fruitshake stand at the UP Shopping Center had a booth near the oval at the time. I'd say it was meant to be. :P I love their shakes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment