Saturday, March 10, 2012

Life: Define Success

As may be obvious from my previous post, I am trying to figure out how to make the work-life balance thing work, and trying to find out what would give me the most satisfaction--where I can say this is how I wish to live my life--and steer my life towards that direction.

Well, I came across this talk by John Wooden, a teacher and a basketball coach. He talked about true success. His tips are pretty simple, though of course still hard to live by. His talk, well, he looked boring at first, but it's actually a humorous talk, and easy to understand. Grabe, he's simply one of the smartest senior citizens I have heard so far.

My favorite quotes from the talk are:

  • "Never try to be better than someone else. ... Never cease trying to be the best you can be."
  • "Never be late." and
  • those on having patience and keeping the faith.
If you have about 20 minutes to spare, watch this video. If not, just read the transcript. (Click the interactive script button at the bottom of the video.)


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment