Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Life: Preparing for Day 2

Today was Day 1 of our environmental planning board exam. There were 200 questions. We were given from 8am til 2pm (no breaks) to answer the exam. Before 11am, my head was already aching. It was a multiple choice exam.... some questions were easy, particularly those related to research methods. I was silently thanking my professors in college and in my MA class for their lectures.

But there were many questions I really didn't know. Many of the options were also confusing, more like trick questions. So I spent a lot of time selecting answers through an elimination process, or best guess, or "what sounds right" method, if you can call that a method. I think this triggered my migraine.

We were discussing the questions, and our answers (and rationalizations for choosing those) on our way home. We were laughing at how we chose our answers on those items we really did not encounter during the review. Our reasons ranged from deep, to whatever we recalled, to whatever made sense, or to what sounded right.

The discussions were funny. But later on, it begins to dawn on you... shoot, your answers on those items were wrong. Moreso as you go home and start to prepare for Day 2, and you encounter the questions you weren't able to answer this morning.

Honestly, I was losing hope already.

But still, I decided to pick up my notebook and a book I borrowed. With my migraine gone, I intend to spend the night studying. I know I am not prepared for this exam. But I'm giving this one my best shot. It's too late to aim to be among the topnotchers.... I should have started seriously studying a hell lot earlier. But I'm sure I want to pass, and even if I don't, I'd still feel much much better knowing that I gave it my best, whatever "best" meant given the limited time and energy I have left before tomorrow's exam.

I know some of those taking this exam are second-time takers. I surely hope all of us would pass, most especially those who had to muster the courage and dedicate time to take this exam again.

------------------------------------------

The things that kept me company during my review:

My housemate's study desk, books, and review materials; Mama's laptop


My water bottle


Coffee (ofcourse)


Cookies (which I also brought on the first day of the exam)


My huggable pillow, a gift from my sister

No comments:

Post a Comment