Saturday, June 25, 2011

I woke up around 630pm. I was lying in bed for more than 30 minutes. I could feel my body was still aching from weeks of working hard, lacking rest, staying up late til the wee hours of morning. I honestly feel like I've reached my limit. Next time I make a list of goals, I'd factor in the fact that our bodies need to rest, we need to take regular breaks, and that our bodies have limits too.

I was feeling frustrated na rin by many things. Problems which keep cropping up, or piling up. I feel like I should have done this or that. Hay, I think sometimes, setting too many goals and standards is just not humane. Then, my mind started making a checklist of blessings I have received so far, of goals that were met--I was able to keep my commitment to help send my brother to school, got my postgrad studies diploma, passed the boards, got a chance to do research in an agricultural area.

Pero honestly, for my 28th birthday, I think I'm going to do some changes in my list of goals. I'd add having relaxing weekends, being able to get enough sleep, learning to draw boundaries, going out with friends, pursuing other hobbies and living out the Serenity Prayer.

As for finally meeting the person to spend the rest of my life with, I don't know if I should pray for him now. Naisip ko lang, at this point, I think the kindest thing that I can do for myself is to let myself enjoy being single. As in. Kung makilala ko na siya now, well and good, pero hindi ako nagmamadali. Titiisin ko lang naman ang pang-aasar ng mga tao. Pero kaya ko na yun. Naman!

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next. Amen.

Read more: http://www.allaboutprayer.org/serenity-prayer.htm#ixzz3qEMWB3al

No comments:

Post a Comment