Thursday, February 16, 2012

Food: Sinigang

This was quite an exhausting but another fulfilling and fun fieldwork day at Cavite.

Pero I managed to cook something for my dinner. Well, I've been planning to cook sinigang since last week, but couldn't find the time. Tonight, I resolved I will either eat canned goods or cook and eat something more decent and healthy.

This is not my first sinigang, but this is the first decent one, if I remember it correctly. Tama lang ang asim at alat sa panlasa ko. Siguro mas mainam kung mas malambot pa nang onti ang meat.

Pero all in all, masarap siya.

At shempre, I got a complement from my housemate. For the effort I put into trying to learn how to cook. Ehem. Well, that really made me feel better.

At least may guts na kong magluto at magkamali. Who ever said nerds are only good in school? And why the heck did I avoid cooking during home economics classes in high school? Tsk, shouldn't have. If I had even showered cooking a bit of my risk taker attitude (which I think I only used in pursuing my dreams), hay naku, I'd be cooking special dishes by now.

Pero ok lang. One step at a time.

Last year I learned I can jog more than 2 kilometers nonstop.

This year, I had the guts to say: I can learn how to cook!

Looking forward to breaking more of those limiting beliefs I have about myself. :))

But it really helps when you can finally tell yourself: okay lang magkamali. Di masamang pumalpak sa kusina.

And in my case tonight, I have backup food, just in case my sinigang turns out to be "not for human consumption." :)


No comments:

Post a Comment