Monday, February 13, 2012

An Upset Stomach on a Rainy Day

As we begin another research project, today's meeting was supposed to be among the most important activities we have to observe. The meeting is 8am. Travel time to the venue is more than 2 hours.

So, at 5am, I knew my stomach's in no condition, and I was feeling dizzy but I still dragged myself out of bed. It was raining and it's February, so it's quite cold as I hurriedly took a shower. Because it's cold and I'm going to be late and I want to be at the MRT station before the rush hour.

I took a cab to the train station. I was hoping that after I drink softdrinks (which had been my sort of remedy in the past for situations like this) I'd be fine. But it didn't work. Dizzy and still couldn't stand for too long. I went back to the boarding house just in time to, you know. Hehehe. I told my research partner I can't come, so she went on her own.

I spent the entire morning in bed, feeling weak and with a bad headache. But I got up around lunchtime because I have a meeting in the afternoon.

I was feeling quite better by then. The research meeting was fun. And we were asked to attend a talk to about Jesuit education in the 1800s. That was quite informative.

For dinner, I had soup and scrambled eggs. Now I'm taking coffee. Not my usual dinner. But I think my stomach's not yet ready to "work hard" so I need to eat less tonight.

Oh, and it was still raining when we left the office. Till I got home. And I forgot my keys so I had to call my housemate to have the door opened.

Yes, this is not my idea of a perfect day. But somehow, I just feel happy. Blessed. And I can't understand why. I was a little bit irritated also about a slight problem a while ago.

I guess you just have to go with the ebb and flow of life. Everything will still be alright.

And it helps to have positive and fun and simply great people around you. They cheer you up. And they lighten the load.

2 comments:

  1. It sounded like a fun day alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was fun. Except for the upset stomach part talaga :) Nagka-trauma akong kumain for.... 24 hours? :P

    ReplyDelete