Saturday, April 9, 2011

Places: Jogging inside the Campus, Day 2

Buti na lang may blog.

Today's a Saturday and I told myself I will not leave the house. I have work to finish. Actually, I already felt frustrated. I am working on the third draft of the annex. I just couldn't seem to get it right. Gusto ko na nga sanang umiyak, o kaya manood na lang ng movie sa sobrang frustration. Kaso naisip ko, pag ginawa ko yun, lalong tatagal ang paghihirap ko. And besides, this is part of the learning process. I chose to be a researcher and writer. I need to keep honing my skills until I can already do things well. So I decided to keep working on the annex this weekend so that by early next week, I can already send it to my boss.

So in the meantime, my outlet will be blogging. And to further amuse myself, I am sharing here what happened during our jogging yesterday.
-------------------------------

My officemate, Grace, and I jogged again. Habang may time pa at di pa kasagsagan ulit ng busy season, samantalahin na namin. Vanie, another officemate, wasn't able to join us. Our dismissal was earlier by an hour on Fridays, so it wasn't dark yet around the campus when we started jogging. We decided to go to other parts of the campus which Grace hasn't seen yet.

Sabi namin kay Vanie ihahatid namin siya sa hagdan pababa ng Barangka, Marikina. And we did. From our office near the college area, we crossed the "brick road," took some photos, and also passed by paths surrounded by trees. Near the stairs to Marikina, fallen leaves have started to pile up. And surrounded by huge trees, with only a few people passing by, it makes you feel like you're on your way to the heart of a forest.








(Photos courtesy of my officemate, Vanie)

So anyway, we walked Vanie until the gate of Ateneo in Barangka, then climbed the stairs back to the main campus. We counted the steps. So sa pagitan ng mga bilang namin--"91,92, 93, etc."--may malalalim nang paghinga. In all, we made more than 150 steps from the gate where we left Vanie until we reached the top of the stairs.

We took a leisurely walk first. Naman, paakyat yung 150+ steps na yun. The road was sloping upward. Pero since it was a walk, I didn't mind. Then, Grace said we start jogging. I said, "Cge" and then told myself, kaya ko to, while looking at the road winding upward towards the campus's main road. In less than a minute, we hit the main road. By then we were already panting. That was also the first time I felt that much pain on my chest. It was painful to take deep breaths. Hindi binti ko ang na-exercise nang todo. Baga ko.

After a few minutes, the pain was finally gone, and we started jogging again until we were already near the office.

It may not be such a long jog, but it was just fun to challenge yourself to do things you haven't done before. Although I'd be careful not to stress myself too quickly next time. Kawawa naman ang baga ko. Feeling ko ngayon lang siya napilitang huminga nang ganun kalalim.

My officemates and I have more plans next week. Hopefully, we find the time to do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment