Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spiritual Workout Day 3: Following Him



Among the verses for Day 3, the one that touched me most was:

"Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there also will my servant be." (John 12: 26)

And I do not have much of a reflection. Only that following Him is usually difficult. At times you don't understand why something is not allowed. At times you have to go against what everyone is doing or believes to be right. At times you just feel like rebelling against the rules.

I just have one short prayer. For faith, that we may believe and obey though we do not always understand. For guidance, on those times when we couldn't figure out what we should do. For strength, to be able to do what should be done. For a capacity to forgive, others and ourselves, for the shortcomings. And when we falter, the wisdom to learn from our mistakes and stand up and start again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment