Saturday, April 2, 2011

Life: Feast Quezon City in UP

In the past weeks (or I think months), I stepped back and did a lot of thinking. Much as I want to live like a hermit for a few months until I figure things out, I just can't. And the most I could do was to distance myself from almost all that I've been doing, save for a few commitments which I cannot abandon.

One of those things I stopped doing for a while was attending the Feast.

So today--the first Quezon City Feast held on a Saturday (5pm) and within the UP Campus (GT Toyota Center)--is my first Feast after many weeks of absence.




And it was worth it. The music ministry was really great, and as usual, the talk will touch you in a very personal way (yes, it made me rethink some life plans).

Today's talk on guiding people was the last part of a series, J1N1 (Jesus in Everyone)/How to be Spiritually Contagious. One question posed by the speaker goes something like: Will you be a pointer (pointing someone to God's direction) or a bringer (bringing someone to God)? Hmm... Got me thinking.

During the session too, we were asked to close our eyes and "see" our dreams. This shouldn't have been anything too special for me. I am a dreamer and a daydreamer. I can formulate stories in my head, just to amuse myself. (One day I should really seriously try writing scripts!) More than this, I think about what I want in life and pursue these.

But what struck me during the session was that I "saw" a dream that, for a long time, I wasn't sure I wanted. I just closed my eyes, somehow let go of the fear that holds me back from imagining this one, and I "saw" what I'd like years from now. Yes, years from now. But not yet now.

I opened my eyes, knowing now what I want to do next. I am preparing myself for that next dream. Besides that, I recalled some more dreams I also wrote down before. I will pursue them too, one at a time. I will serve. in many ways. for a long time.

"When the soul is ready, the blessing will appear." I believe this. I'll work hard for each dream I'd want to seriously pursue. So that when the blessing finally comes, I am ready to receive it.

Thank you, Feast Quezon City!

No comments:

Post a Comment