Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life: When It Rains, It Pours

I honestly am overwhelmed with everything that came my way since last week. Considering that several weeks prior to that, most of the things I hoped to happen did not happen when I already hoped they would. Career-wise, I felt like I had been in a limbo for weeks.

I remember complaining to my brother about two weeks ago. And he told me, maybe there are things coming my way.

He was right. That same week, things started falling into place. Now, I have more tasks than I had foreseen. More exciting prospects that I had asked for.

Am I nervous and scared? Yes. Definitely. But I am also happy for the opportunities to face my fears. To learn what else I can do. To develop my skills.

Do I feel stressed? Yes. My list of things to do is starting to get longer. But I learned that the best medicines for stress are (1) action, and (2) relaxation and rest.

Right now, I am already accepting that for the next couple of weeks, I'd be working till night, and probably even during some weekends and holidays. But I am excited and grateful for the learnings, for the opportunities. I look forward to working with the people I'd be working with, even those we'd be interviewing.

Grabe. I love research. I love learning about life, and understanding other people. I love going to places, but going a bit deeper by understanding their society, and not just seeing their famous and picturesque sites. And combined with the prospect, and the prayer, that the studies we conduct may be used in the creation of plans and programs that would help marginalized sectors and society's development in general. I am happy. I am overwhelmed. I am humbled.

For tonight, my only prayers are: Please take care of my loved ones. Thank you for the blessings. Guide us again tomorrow. Sana, in the course of doing what we love and hope to do well, we are able to fulfill a higher purpose as well. And please take care of the person who inspires me. :) Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment